Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The joy of a sick toddler

Ainsley is sick again. Poor thing. But unlike other children who I've heard will sleep when they are sick, Ainsley will cut her sleep in half. So not only is she cranky because she doesn't feel well but her crankiness is exacerbated by lack of sleep.

To combat this we have a little ritual we do for when she is sick. Ainsley gets to hang out in mommy's bed all day and watch movies with Apple juice. Now she does not usually get apple juice (we are big on water or milk) and she certainly doesn't get to watch TV all day, ever. She has her favorite movies and watches them over and over again. Last illness we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a million times. This illness it looks like a Mary Poppins marathon. I try to introduce other movies for variety but the only other movie that has stuck is Sound of Music. I guess she's a musical girl.

Hopefully this will be a short lived illness and Ainsley can get back to her fun, charming self.

1 comment:

  1. Aww it sucks when they're sick and miserable and there is very little we can do to make them feel better.
    My son is the sleepy kind of sick kid. Which is lucky for me since he's not normally the kind of toddler that likes to actually sleep at night. If he slept any less I don't know what I'd do! lol

    ReplyDelete