Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nap Time Trials

Nap time is sacred at our house. This is the only time a mom gets to herself while at home. When I just had Ainsley, I could guarantee myself at least 2 hours in the afternoon where I could do whatever I wanted. I could catch up on my TV or do some work when I worked from home. If I was tired, I could get a good nap. *Sigh* Those were the days.

Now that I have two little munchkins, nap time has changed. Ainsley still has her 2 hour nap in the afternoon, but Juliet is not quite old enough to have a regular long afternoon nap. She still naps in 40 minute spurts and I am lucky if she naps while Ainsley is napping which would give me a 40 minute break. Gone are those restful afternoons that I used to enjoy. I can't wait to have them back. Juliet is 5 months old and I really hope that in the next month we will be in a good routine.

The worst afternoons are when I put Ainsley down for her nap and Juliet gets up from hers and then when Juliet is ready to go down again, Ainsley gets up. Today I had a 30 minute break. I'll take what I can get at this point.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days. Now my daughter (my youngest) is starting to shorten her nap more and more. By summer's end, naptime will be a thing of the past in our home.

    I'm so sorry to see it go.

    You might try to have an activity (like coloring or playing with dough) ready for Ainsley when she gets up. It might buy you a little extra time?

    Good luck. I'm glad I found your blog.

    - Julia at Midwest Moms

    ReplyDelete