Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Monday, June 8, 2009

Lament for my Laptop

I purchased my very first laptop last summer as I was contracted to do consulting from home and I wanted to be able to work from the cottage (I am a Canadian :>). At first it was a bit odd not working from a desktop but I got used to it so much so that my laptop and I were joined at the hip.

Then it happened.....a few weeks ago, the port for the charger started to loosen and it got harder and harder to charge the laptop. As we all know, the point of a laptop is that you can take it anywhere as you can charge it and go. So this was a big problem. I put off taking my laptop to get fixed as I was in denial and hoped the problem would somehow fix itself. I know, not likely.

So finely I realised that I must take it in and I did that a week ago tomorrow. I have been missing my laptop ever since. I still have the good old desk top but it's just not the same. I can't check my emails as much as I have to go all the way down to the basement and the computer is a lot slower then the laptop. Finding time to visit with the desktop is tough with two young children, one of which has strong opinions and often does not want to accompany me thus causing me to abort my plan.

I am counting down the days until said laptop is fixed. They told me 3-4 weeks but I will definitely be calling them at 2 weeks just to check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment