Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Resolution

We've all heard of New Year's Resolutions. I know I've made a few. i always find the winter so uninspiring that this year I have decided to use my love of summer to focus on a healthier me. My summer's resolution is to eat better and work out regularly.

I love the summer. The fruit is great as are fresh vegetables. What better season to start eating healthier than the summer. I could eat berries or peaches all day. I have bought a new cookbook which is suprisingly good. It is the new Weight Watchers cookbook. I am finding the recipes very tasty and so is my hubbie. A good start. I love to cook but since having children it's a challenge fitting it in the schedule. However, this cookbook claims that all of their recipes can be done in 20 minutes. So far this seems to be true. I am all for speedy solutions.

As for the work out regularly. This may be more of a challenge. I am working on getting my youngest into a sleep routine which means the stroller for long walks is off limits as she will fall asleep. My solution has been to order excercise videos on line. I haven't received them yet but I fully intend to work out 3-4 times per week. If all goes according to plan and Juliet and Ainsley both nap in the afternoons then I will have time to work out. If not, I will be working out in the evenings. At least television sucks in the summer (not including So You Think You Can Dance), yet another reason summer is a better time to try my resolutions.

Well, wish me luck. I will keep you posted on my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment