Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Monday, August 17, 2009

Stay at home moms never get sick days

Ever since becoming a mom, I find I am sicker more often. I think this is partly due to the germs children spread amongst themselves and then to their parents. However, I think I get sick more often due to the fact that I am chronically sleep deprived.

My sleep-deprivation started the moment Ainsley was born and I have never been able to catch up since. This state leaves me open to all of the germs Ainsley brings home with her and then some. What compounds the problem and leaves me sicker for longer, is the fact that I do not get a sick day.

No longer are there days where I can lounge in bed or on the couch watching TV and taking naps to get over an illness. These days, I'm lucky if I can get a 9 hour stretch of sleep at night to get better. My days are filled with meeting the demands of a toddler and an infant who don't care that mommy doesn't feel well.

I just hope that as the girls get older and I get more sleep, my immune system will get stronger or I will be able to find the time to rest and recuperate.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine more than one baby :) my lack of sleep is serious and sometimes I think my Olivia counts for four :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick days, ah yes, I could have used many of those by now! Thankfully my oldes is not a morning person, well, he wasn't haha. Then my youngest came along and we have fallen into early mornings.. mama is not a fan.

    I am from MBC on the followers club, i'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete