Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First Press Release

I have been working on my first press release for the past couple of months. I can't believe it has taken me so long but I have never done this before so I wanted to do some research before attempting my own. There is so much information out there that it's tough to weed out what is useful information.

Thanks to all the mompreneurs who answered my questions and shared their own press releases with me. It is so helpful to hear from other women going through the same things as me. If only I had a huge PR budget and could hire an expert. For now though, I have to be a jack-of-all trades and rely on the goodwill of others.

I am proud of myself for this accomplishment. It feels huge as it has been looming on my to-do list for months but it is finally complete. Here is the link to the release.

http://www.prlog.org/10373197-glow-baby-introduces-babys-first-journal-musthave-for-expecting-parents.html

Please feel free to pass on to anyone you think would be interested to learn more about Glow Baby and Baby's First Journal.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Lindsay! You have really been awesome at this and raising your kids at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to take some timeout, and let you know that I really am enjoying your blog. So that being said, I would like to award with the Best Blog Award. Please come on over to my blog and check it out http://www.womanandmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Press releases are difficult. I've been a reporter for 15 years and I am also a PR pro so I know it's hard. The key is to get in good with the local media. That will give you confidence to keep pitching the "big" media. FYI the easiest way to get a mention in the local media is through the business briefs or similar section of smaller papers, they almost never have enough to fill that section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked it out. It's great! Nice work. Good luck with it, I hope it takes off.

    ReplyDelete