Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Funny - This made me laugh

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!
If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their
tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were
growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every
morning....
Uphill... Barefoot...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no
way I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about
how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that.... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help
but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live
in a Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good
you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted
to know something, we had to go to the library and look it up
ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter -
with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in
the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps
were 10 cents!


Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a
matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission
to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' S or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you
had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the
DJ would usually talk over the beginning and mess it all up! There
were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our
favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come
undone.

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the
phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your
school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a
collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up
and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with
high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games
like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little
square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were
no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever!
And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and
harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!


You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was
on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to
get up and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on
Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL
WEEK for cartoons!!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we
had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it
too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five
minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The Over 30 Crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment