Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Tis the Season to be exhausted

I don't know about you but I find the holidays exhausting. My family celebrates both Hannukah and Christmas and my youngest is a December Baby. Even though I usually have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November, I find the month of December to be especially crazy.

This year I have spent weekends on planning Juliet's 1st birthday party, decorating the house, sending out Christmas cards, wrapping presents, getting new products into production, and we have yet to get a Christmas tree. That's on the to do list for this weekend. It feels like there is no down time.

Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year. I love decorating the house and now that Ainsley is older we can all get excited about Santa's visit. This year, I will be getting my tonsils out too so I will either get more rest due to this surgery or it will make the whole month seem even more hectic.

Add some sick children into the mix and I look forward to a more relaxing January. Maybe a few snow days are in order so that we can all stay home for the day and hibernate.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy month!

    I can't believe you are organized enough to get all your Christmas shopping done by the end of November. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try and get all my shopping done in advance. I hate shopping during the holiday rush. I can't stand crowds or line ups or trying to find parking :>.

    ReplyDelete