Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stroller Thieves

The news making the headlines in Toronto has recently been around stroller thieves. Believe it or not, peoples strollers have been stollen from their front porches.

I am one of those trusting people who leaves their stroller out on the front porch. I figure, my stroller is so beaten up that no one would want it. With the recent news I have kept my stroller locked away just in case. Especially since it is a Phil and Ted which is the same make as the stroller stollen.

Do you keep their strollers on their front porch? Do you lock your stroller up?

Is stroller theft covered under house insurance????

Is it really worth it to spend $500+ on your stroller? Are they getting to expensive?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Well... I guess it depends on the stroller. If it's an old Graco or Evenflow I don't think I would bat an eyelash. But if one spent a considerable investment on a high quality stroller I don't see why one would leave it out in plain site for thieving opportunists. I mean people lock up their $199 bikes with a bike lock or put them in the garage or inside the house... why would you not lock up or store away your $600-$1000+ stroller? I have a great bike lock for my new Bugaboo. If I had to leave it outside when at a store or restaurant I will certainly lock it up. There will always be those who will take advantage of a trusting person. Sad but true. I personally cannot afford to simply purchase another Bugaboo if mine was stolen so I will take what ever precaution is required to try and prevent theft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a double stroller that looks like a bus and probably weighs just the same! The whole contraption cost alot of money so I definitely bring it inside when I'm done using it. It's pretty sad. I live in a really small town, so I know if it got stolen and I saw someone pushing it around.....chances are it would be mine! I use to be a trusting soul and would leave stuff outside and not even think about it, but this day in age my "trusting factor" is all but gone. Doesn't say much for my neighbor does it!

    ReplyDelete