Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Little Dancing Queen


As Juliet gets older her personality emerges more and more. Even as a baby she has always liked music. When she was really small, I could almost always be able to settle her cries by singing to her. She is almost 18 months now and over the past few months she has begun to dance and has been adding to her dances moves daily.


She is hilarious! Anytime she hears music (it doesn't matter what kind) she gets up and dances. When we walk in the mall, she will stop at the entrance of each store that is playing music and dance. When we drop Ainsley off at school in the morning and Oh Canada! comes over the PA she dances. We have regular dance parties in our house while listing to a fabulous Putomayo CD. She will also dance to my singing and her favourite song is from Sleeping Beauty. The one that goes "I know you, I've danced with you once upon a dream". Juliet will even sing I know over and over again herself.


It doesn't matter how short the music clip is or where its coming from, when she hears a note of music she must dance! I absolutely encourage her love of music and dancing and I hope that she never looses her enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment