Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My new hobby

My parents bought Ainsley a beading kit a few months ago and she has caught the bug! So I thought it would be great to learn how to make beaded jewellery so that she and I could do it together. I like doing crafts and now with etsy I have always thought wouldn't it be great to use my creative craftiness and start an etsy shop. I never had time to do this and I didn't really want to knit or sew which are two skills I can do but aren't passionate about it. So I thought I would take a stab at beading.



So I went and bought a book about beading and Ainsley and I went to the bead store and picked out the beads she wanted. We spent the afternoon creating bracelets and necklaces for her and this is what we made.





She has been wearing them everyday and now asks everyday to do beading with me while Juliet is asleep. There is no way I would bead when Juliet is around as that is a recipe for disaster. Now, this past weekend I had some time to myself so I created a necklace with a clasp and some more sophisticated beads. It was definitely fun to pick out the beads and create a unique necklace. I think I may start an etsy shop after all. This is what I made.





The necklace is made out of 20mm Purple/Pink Agate Coins and 20 mm Grey Agate Coins with 4mm Stone Amethyst Luster Beads. Now on to the next project.

1 comment: