Me and my girls

Me and my girls

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Baby's First Trip




Ainsley is going on her very first trip on an airplane this week with her dad. Brett's side of the family is having a family reunion in England and he is taking Ainsley to meet them. I thought long and hard about whether or not to join them with Juliet but I knew that it would be a stressful trip with a very active 19 month old and the thought of a 7 hour over night flight with her on my lap gave me serious anxiety. It was a tough decision, but paying thousands of dollars to be stressed out was not worth it. Juliet has never adjusted to change very well and so I felt we would have a better week staying at home in Toronto and spending quality time together. And then we could take the money we would have spent and go on a family vacation later in the year when the flight is much shorter and there is not time change.

Having made this decision not to go was very tough. The longest I have been apart from Ainsley is two nights. It will be tough to be away from her for 7 nights and days, especially since this will be her first airplane ride and she will get to experience some wonderful things for the first time and I won't be there to see her reaction. I love history and would have loved to be there with her to visit her first castle and describe to her what the castle would have been like in the old days. She loves princesses and castles and I think this will be a magical adventure for her. It makes me sad that I will not be there with her for it. At the same time I know I have made the right decision however for my own sanity.

I think she will have a wonderful time with my husband and his family and she is super excited. I look forward to our daily phone calls when she will tell me of her day and how much fun she is having. I also looking forward to spending some alone time with Juliet and giving her my undivided attention. I am thinking of fun and special things to do with her while her sister is away.

2 comments:

  1. Did your husband take the video camera??? When I took my 5 and 7 year old to Disneyland last year and left my 2 year old home with my husband, we did a video journal every night to tell daddy about the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are taking a video camera and stills camera so I can see everything!!!

    ReplyDelete